Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Kim's Family Restaurant @ Bukit Timah


Actually we came here was because we wanted our quiche from Carpenter and Cook but while we were on the bus Fiona was like "hmmmm I am pretty hungry lets eat the Korean food." The previous time we came here for tea and I was telling her how we should tried out the Korean restaurant because the according to my another friend that stay close by, it was pretty good.
Their menu comes in those file like folders. We ordered their set meal because it was a little bit cheaper and we get to have the side dishes which I think its necessary when eating a Korean meal. 
There is so many different types of Korean side dishes and it usually varies for different Korean eating place. When it arrive, I just do my tasting from left to right. Not really sure what was I gonna expect but I must say i like the bean curd and long beans a lot. There were (top left to right) mushroom, pumpkin, chive?, anchovies, beansprout, spicy cucumber, white cabbage, long beans, potato, cucumber, bean curd, kimchi. I thought that the kimchi served here wasn't that fabulous.

Fiona's set meal arrived. She ordered Korean Cold Spicy Buckwheat Noodles and Beef Bulgogi ($20.00). It was the first time I tried the Buckwheat noodles. I must say its pretty good. The noodle have this chewy texture. Like as if you are eating mochi. Totally not complaining since i prefer chewy gummy to hard candies. 

My set which is the Pork Bulgogi and rice set ($12.00) arrived. I didn't expect it to be spicy. After eating a few mouth I was kinda suffering I don't really take spicy but Miss Kind offered to swoop her beef with my pork. At first I was like "ahhhh its ok luh I will just drink more water" I mean how can I take the beef away from this Beef lover right? In the end I really couldn't take it and when she offered to switch again I said ok. She was like "aiya no need so considerate one" LOL wth girl wth. Even though we are friends for half a decade already my conscious is still there oh kay. 

My favorite Spring Onion Pancake ($14.00) arrived!! It was packed full with spring onion and squids. At first we didn't ordered this because Fiona don't really fancy Korean pancake, but after my continuous pestering from the moment we ordered our sets till the side dishes arrives, she agreed to share this dish. YAYY!! We added this order in. Guess what? She likes it now. No matter what Korean restaurant I go to, I will always order this. Typically they have the Kimchi Pancake and the Spring Onion/ Seafood (called in some places) Pancake. The Spring Onion / Seafood one is really die hard for. Please please try it if you haven't try it before. I made someone who tried and hated the Kimchi Pancake texture before fall in love with this, the non-spicy alternative. There are squids inside that's why the name vary for different restaurant. 

We finished almost everything even the jug of water. Hahaha. I guess our appetite is pretty big for two girls.

I must say that this is not one of the best restaurant I have tried in terms of its taste because I think the Bulgogi was pretty normal and nothing fantastic but then again the Pancake and Buckweat noodle was good. Even though it is not a BBQ Korean Restaurant, the ventilation in here was bad came out smelling like a greasy walking human.


Address :
#01-06, Kilat Court, 17 Lorong Kilat 

No comments: