Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Tofu wrapped in Bacon Strips

Recipe #2  

I cook pretty often, like maybe more then twice every week so I always watch Youtube video to have more ideas on what to try out. This time I found this recipe that only need two main ingredient!

Main Ingredient
Silken Tofu (preferably the one that state "ideal for frying" on the package)
Bacon strips
Flour ( I use all purpose flour)
Oil for pan frying

This is probably the most time consuming things to do because in order for the tofu to be fried up a little better, we need to drain the excess water out of it. 
Remove the tofu from the packaging, wrap it with kitchen paper ( those tissue that are thicker and rougher ) , put it on a mesh strainer and put something heavy to give it some pressure. Leave it for 15 mins to half hour


I have limited bacon strips on hand so I slice mime into 6 pieces. It is quite thick in size but that's fine for me.


Now comes the fun part! Row the tofu piece in one bacon strip. Need to be a little gentle here so that the tofu won't break apart.





Lay it in one layer and dust flour to both side of the pieces. The flour will create a thin layer of crust. 
Flour going everywhere :/ A little messy but that's fine, gonna be yummlicious /thumbs up/


Time to pan fry! I use about 1 tablespoon of oil. Wait for a few minutes for the oil to be hot before putting the pieces in.


Flip it when the side turned golden brown! Yeah one piece kinda broke here :( but all is good , I get to eat that piece hehehe


All done!! Ingredients are as simple as 1 2 3. I ate it with shredded cabbage and slice tomato but can definitely eat this with white rice or noodles because the bacon makes it a little on the salty side. 


Next time I would probably let the bacon go for a little longer because the "fats" on the bacon haven't really crisp up yet.
Most probably I might use those thinly slice pork used for steamboat instead of bacon to make this a little healthier. 



No comments: