Saturday, November 2, 2013

Carpenter and Cook

Finally visit Carpenter and Cook after such a long time. Since I stay in the west area, this well known cafe is quite near to me. Located in an alley, this vintage cafe serve a good number homemade pastry that are available in sweet or savory form. 



The design of this cafe is super cool. Everything or maybe most of the things from the chairs to the tables and the plates are vintage and follows the antique feel. Its the self service type of cafe so you can choose the best antique piece you would like to have tea on and then proceed to the counter to order.


They don't really have a menu because everything that is offered on the day will be displayed out. I like how they put everything on display because if I am a first timer not being able to make up my mind, I would most probably want to try out the most atas looking thing instead of just having a physical menu that usually don't have every single dishes with pictures.

I don't really fancy their Lemon Cream Tart $6.50 (top left) because I feel that the raw egg taste was too strong for me. They are famous for the Passionfruit Meringue Tart $6.50 (bottom left). The Chocolate Maldon Seasalt Caramel $6.50 (top right)\was very sweet and smooth. Caramel lover should give this a go! I love their quiche. Cook's Amazing Quiche $7.00 (bottom right). It doesn't have a fixed name because the toppings varies. I tried the one with bacon because you can't go wrong with bacon. It is served with a side salad which kinda balance out the savory quiche.


Since I love banana, I had to give the Banoffee Pie $6.50 a go. Huge chunks of banana with a bit of caramel sauce and lightly whipped up cream, Yummm! Next is the Peach & Lavender Muffin $4.00. Not gonna lie, I have no idea where the peach is at but there is definitely distinctive hints of Lavender in this moist muffin so for that, thumbs up.



I had the Elderflower Presse $5.50 which is like a sparkly juice that tasted frizzy and light. For citrus lover, you can go for their Lemon Drizzle Loaf $5.00. Tangy and moist plus the lemon glaze on top, something that whets up the appetite. Lastly its their Almond Croissant $4.00.


This cafe have very unique interior. It is pretty crowded during the weekends but if its the weekdays, coming here for some good pastry in a nice environment and nice company brings great comfort.


Address: 
19 Lorong Kilat
#01-06
598120

No comments: