Thursday, November 7, 2013

Yellow Submarine @ Toa Payoh

Yellow Submarine is a fast food chain that is famous for their cheese steak and cheese fries. It is a less than 5mins walk from Toa Payoh Mrt Station. I think this is pretty famous around the neighborhood because when we reach there, it was about three quarter filled with people.


After searching and walking for a bit, this two level eatery is quite hard to miss.


 I personally think that the concept of theme is cute. I mean look at the menu board, isn't it cute?


After ordering, you will have to wait for your food behind the counter. The number on your receipt will light up when food is served and it will be ready for collection.


I ordered the Yellow Submarines Classic Meal ($9.90) that comes with the Cheese Fries and a Drink. The other order is the Oregano Submarine Meal ($9.90) that comes with the Cheese Fries and a Drink
The Oregano Submarine is chunks of chicken that is seasoned with the herb oregano which I think makes it very flavorful. 
I love the Cheese Fries. I kinda think that they squeeze the cheese with care because not only the fries that are on the top level have cheese, the cheese did coated those on the lower part too. They gave plenty of cheese and every stick of my fries is coated with it.


The Yellow Submarines Classic is beef slices with onion and cheese sauce in the loaf of sandwich bread. I must say, this is a little more boring compared to the Oregano Sub because most flavor just comes from the cheese sauce and the cheese sauce is the same one that is in the Cheese Fries. So its a little boring cause the main and the side tasted the same. But then again, its my first time trying Cheesesteak so maybe it is suppose to be like this.

Wouldn't mind visiting this place again. I have to admit $10 for fast food is a little bit on the expensive side but as a cheese lover, maybe occasionally will do no harm hahahaha. From the two type of sub I tried, I would recommend the Oregano Submarine instead of their "Must Try" Yellow Submarines Classic.


Address:

  • Blk 177 
  • Toa Payoh Central #01-110
  • Singapore 310177



No comments: