Thursday, October 31, 2013

Bari Uma Ramen

Even though this is my third time here, I still feel that this ramen shop is so underrated. This was discovered by a friend of mine, Jass, who actually also stumble upon this shop on accident. Firstly, in order to reach this place its quite a distance from Orchard Mrt thus by the time people reach here, they would most probably have chosen something else to eat in the hundreds of restaurants available nearby. Secondly it is not in any of the shopping mall but kinda under it instead.



Nothing fancy about the interior however since I went to Japan once before, it is actually very much like those Ramen shop in Japanese. Small and cosy yet you can see the chef cooking.


I tried their Nori-Uma ($15.50) which is ramen in Pork Flavored Shoyu Soup with Thick-Cut Flamed Chashu and Dry Seaweed. I added Ajitama which is the egg for $1.50 and reduce my ramen portion (-$2.00) because my stomach was already half filled so I wanted to eat without overeating. Total for my order was $15.00.

This is their Signature Dish which is Ajitama-Uma ($15.00) which consist of Pork Flavored Shoyu Soup, Ajitama which is the egg and Thick-cut Flamed Chashu. The egg here however was a little overcook but still, it taste good.


Other then Ramen they serve rice served in a hot stone bowl. This is the Ishiyaki-Chaofan Salmon ($12.00). I find this pretty good but if its compared to the Ramen, I think that the Ramen taste better. However if you want to go for rice, I would suggest the Ishiyaki-Chaofan Chashu ($9.50) instead.

The average pricing for a bowl is about $15.00 which I think its very affordable for this type of quality Ramen. Their Ramen noodles are homemade right in the house which are really tasty. Its chewy yet smooth and it goes really well with the soup which is very addictive. Their Chashu even though its pork belly which means you can literally see the layer of fats and meat, tasted like its slow cooked till all the flavored is absorb into the meat and its so tender that it kinda melts in your mouth. Double thumbs up! The really flavorful soup might be a little salty to some people liking.


Address:
#B1-01
Tanglin Shopping Centre
19 Tanglin Road

No comments: