Monday, October 7, 2013

Kith Cafe @ Park Mall

Today I finally visit Kith Cafe located at Park Mall. Firstly I have to say it was super easy to find partly because there was a sign and the outdoor sitting stood out as the other neighboring shops do not have any of it. 

Some cafes require you to go to their counter to order but Kith Cafe don't. The moment we settle down, the waiter came with the menu and serve us water shortly after. This is a plus point for the service, but then again maybe it is because we went there at 2pm which is usually after the typical office lunch hour timing. So...No guarantee for good service during peak hour. 

I ordered the Earl Grey Caramel Latte ($5.00) while Jesslyn ordered the Matcha Latte ($5.00). I must say the Earl Grey Caramel Latte totally create sparks on my tongue (this phrase sounds legit whether it exist or not). The sweetness was just right and I can really taste the hint of Earl Grey. However I did not like the Matcha Latte. Partly because I am not a Matcha Latte fan and also it kinda have a powdery matcha taste. I ask Jesslyn (who is a die hard fan of matcha latte) if it was good, she had a "meh" expression so I guess it wasn't that impressive. 

We also ordered their Big Breakfast ($16.50) which consist of Bacon, Smoked Bratwurst, Sauteed Mushrooms and  half a Grilled Tomato including a choice of toast ( Multigrain/ Sourdough/ White / Brioche / Spelt ) , a choice of eggs ( Poached / Scrambled / Sunny Side Up / Overeasy / Omelette ) and a choice of spread ( Homemade Strawberry Jam / Vegemite / Peanut Butter / Nutella ).
I went for the Multigrain, Poached and Homemade Strawberry Jam combo while Jesslyn went for the Mutigrain, Scrambled and Peanut butter combo. 
   
Everything was good but I must say I love their Homemade Strawberry Jam. Apart from being biased on Homemade things, this jam is towards a more liquid consistency and it is sort of in between the chunky and smooth texture.For most of us, the word strawberry might comes off as the tangy and sour fruit however for this jam the sweetness was just right and I just had to keep piling my toast with it. That little saucer size needs to increase real soon! Laughs
But then again it doesn't really matter cause you can ask for an extra serving of jam. Yes I did that and felt a little cheapo.  
Oh! An important note is that there are some categories on their menu that do not last the whole day, breakfast is one of them, so be there before 5pm if you want to try it.
You know the meal is good when we finish everything till the plates were almost squeaky clean.

I wanted to order another latte and thought since we are already here, why not try another "homemade" dish on the list? 
Yes it is dessert time. We shared the Homemade Tiramisu ($8.00) 
It was pretty good but I must admit I have tried nicer ones before. Still it was a good buy.
I ordered another latte but this time it is the Earl Grey Chai Latte ($5.00). Most probably realized my Earl Grey obsession by now. Since I ordered the Earl Grey Caramel Latte before, I had something to compare it with. I feel that this one is slightly stronger on the Chai so I couldn't really taste the Earl Grey in it. Also it isn't as sweet as the Earl Grey Caramel Latte so I added sugar into it. Personally I prefer the Earl Grey Caramel Latte more.
This time I sat indoor, the next time I visit, I will most probably opt for the outdoor sitting. Since the kitchen was pretty open and we were sitting pretty near it, we did have the greasy smell on our cloths when we left the cafe. If you are mindful of smells like that, outdoor sitting would be better.


Address:

#01-01E, Park Mall, 9 Penang Road

No comments: