Thursday, October 24, 2013

Everything with Fries @ Orchard Central

There was a time where Everything with Fries have been a trend in a sense that the period of time it was launched, it was the topic to many people. Some background of EwF is that it is actually a cafe established by the owner of Awfully Chocolate which only sells desserts.
Finally the day arrive for me to personally try it. We visit the outlet at Orchard Central. It is the self service type of concept which is something similar to MOS Burger or Pastamania. Find your own seats, order at the counter, get the number board and the food will be serve to you when its ready.
A $9.90 meal is offered that include any type of burger , fries and a drink under the "Cold Drink" category of the menu


I had the Har Jeong Kai Burger with Original Fries. The word Har Jeong Kai is actually Prawn paste so the meat is coated with this paste and deep fried into this patty. Its crispy and nice but I have to say its a little on the salty side. I watch my carbs intake so I only ate the top bun. I guess it will be less salty if you eat it like how a burger should be eaten. grab, squeeze a little to flatten and in it goes into the mouth. I am a person that throw away the seasoning package for Macdonald shakers fries whether if its the seaweed, cheese or the curry flavor, its all a no no for me. This is why I went for the Original Fries but wait.. it is coated with seasoning as well. 


Zhi Qing ordered the Bacon Cheese Omelette Burger with Sour Cream and Onion Fries. I prefer the taste of her fries. Its less salty and tasted like eating sour cream chips so it was good.


Claire ordered the Lamb Burger with Curry Fries. When I eat the fries, there is a powdery texture left in the mouth but the curry flavoring was flavorful and not spicy. Claire said the patty was a little tough. 
Top up $5 to the $9.90 meal and get a dessert from their dessert menu which includes their "Must Try" Nutella Tart ($6.90). Yum yum! this is really good. The crust was crunchy and I believe the main ingredient is crushed Oreos. The filing was smooth and rich and the Nutella can definitely be tasted. Thumbs up fpr dessert! 



All prices are inclusive of GST and there is no service charge. If I were to try EwF again I wouldn't mind paying the service charge and check out their outlet which is not the self service style. The people in this outlets seems a bit clumsy because first they wanted to collect the number board without serving my friend's order and the way the employee asked to see the receipt was not very polite. When she found out that it was their side fault of forgetting the order, all she said was "wait ah" and walked away. Secondly was when I collect the dessert I think the guy overheated the tart because an amount of chocolate was literally melted to the side of the container. Wait...Was it even suppose to be heated? Not so sure about that. I wouldn't mind trying their Tandoori Burger along with Garlic Fries the next time I visit another outlet.  


Address:
#01-24/25
Orchard Central
181 Orchard Road


No comments: